
I went shopping!! Two sheet sets, a duvet set, a shade roller blind thingy ( 40% off!!) a tumbler - which is my new bathroom tool kit - and an electric toothbrush for starters. None of these are in the shelves in the pic (which are going to be built into stairs) but I've started filling them to see what is useable and what isn't.
So far I have issues with all my tees rolled up in one shelf as it looks a bit messy, but believe it or not, you are viewing 70% of my wardrobe right there.
Then I collected all my framing, put it on the trailer (now it has dried out properly) and went to work organising every piece to be cut - I'm using ceiling battens I got for $80 though there is some untreated there (..that cost $120 for less lineal metres!! My only regret so far budgetwise though). I'm missing the 2x4 framing I need for the back but I've decided to road trip and get it tomorrow so all the saw work can be done at once.

So all the lengths have been measured and marked, ticked off on the plans, then laid out to dry properly. This is probably the hugest upside of living in a factory, being able to take over the large space in the weekend - though it won't be wide enough to make my framing in, so hopefully it's not raining when I get to that part.

I've also just ordered some strap bracing and wire dogs - now I'm on the hunt for some tin snips. Every time I think of the metal wall cladding I think, "HOW LONG WILL THIS TAKE!?" as all my sheets are different lengths and will have to be handcut with snips or nibbler. The hire place up the road are charging the nibbler at $50 a day, and I can buy about four pairs of tin snips for that! Though I have a few angle grinder blades spare - I don't like using angle grinders as much since doing the trailer and the shards kept attacking pretty much everything around me, including my eyes - I wear glasses and safety glasses don't fit over the top... I'm also having a field day about flashing as I have to order it by next month and I have to measure the ribs in the cladding so I get the overhang correct.
Time for bed, if tomorrow goes to plan I will have all my wood cut!
No comments:
Post a Comment